Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just one of those !@#$% days!

First thing this morning, shortly after 8AM, the phone rings, and my friend, who has been out of town for several days, and is the secretary of the group I Volunteer with, says' I[M Mad as hell!", not "Hello", not "I had a wonderful time", No, just "I'm mad as hell". From there she went onfor about 15 minutes about things the Commander and Vice Commander were supposed to do in her absence. Everything they did was wrong. I guess she is the only person on earth who can see to it that the place runs smoothly! Now that could have gotten my day off to a really rotten start, but I let it roll off my back and went on about my business. The other day I had noticed that my Zone Alarm had stopped working. It told me my protection was up, something called UI was initializing (Never did), and would not let me into the control panel. I contacted ZA, and after a couple of days they finally said to unload it and start over. Well Gee Whiz!!! I had already done that, but would try one more time. This time it worked, but it has been an all day process that has gotten me nowhere most of the day even though it ended well. There is a crew out front ofmy house re-paving the street, they have been ther for 3 weeks now, and are just now putting down the gravel. They have scraped, dug, and filled a dozen times, in the evening I have a semblance of a driveway to get out of, but during their working hours I am liable to have to drop a foot out of my yard onto the street or sometimes even more. The mail doesn't come until long after the crew goes in the evening, as well as the trash, UPS, Fed EX and any other person trying to get their business done on this street. It is blocked off for about 6 or 8 blocks, so detours are a way of life around here. Of course they are a way of life all over town, seems like every other street is under some kind of construction. The people across the street are moving out, leaving still another empty house on our street. Every day there are more empty houses in this town, I am beginning to think more people DON"T live here than do live here. Got absolutely nothing else done this day either. Oh well, I can't complain, my house and car are paid for, I don't owe anyone any money, I live in California where the climate is great, I live in the high desert away from the dirty air and smog, I have a husband, and 8 kids that love me, what more could a person want? God Bless them all anyhow!!!

No comments: